It's that time of year, the time when you spend way too long, wandering around busy stores trying to come up with the perfect gift for that special someone. But we have got you covered with our Holiday Gift Guide series. First up, we've put together a list for the baker in your life. And let's be honest, we want to keep the bakers baking, am I right?
1. Williams Sonoma Dial Display Oven Thermometer, $19.95. Getting a good bake is what baking is all about, you definitely don't want any soggy bottoms or over-cooked breads and that's where a trusty oven thermometer comes in. All of our ovens are actually calibrated differently and using a thermometer is the only way to tell if you're baking correctly. The baker in your life will appreciate the accuracy.
Pair it with #2 for The Perfectionist.
2. OXO Kitchen Scale, $49.95. If you know anything about baking, you know that it is an exact science. And what does every scientist need? That's right, an accurate way to measure out all of their ingredients. This scale will make sure that their baked goods are perfectly balanced and crumbed.
3. Pho Classic Apron, $75.00. A great baker needs a great apron and Hedly & Bennett are the best. Clean, simple and durable, these aprons are sure to last through all of the Holiday pies, Birthday cakes and stunning breads.
Pair it with #4 for The Pro.
4. Trio of Exotic Vanilla Extract, $33.00. If you know someone that is already a great baker, then you can help them step up their game by giving them complex vanilla flavors. Flavors like Mexican Vanilla extracted in Kentucky Bourbon, Madagascar Vanilla extracted in Cane Rum and Indonesian Vanilla extracted in Ginger Spirits.
5. Cookie Gifting Box, $29.00. Gift them cookies that are already made (for a little inspiration). To make your homemade or store bought cookies into a gift, package them in American Heirloom's Cooking Gifting Box. With 4 top colors to choose from, you'll be sure to please anyone on your list.
Pair it with #6 for The Beginner.
6. The Baking Bible, $32.00. If you know someone that is just getting into baking, then this is the best gift you can give. Cheaper than private lessons, this book will give them the basic, detailed information they need to start their journey to becoming a great baker.
7. Maple Cake Stand, $75.00. A stunning cake deserves a stunning pedestal. American Heirloom's maple cake stand is classic, elegant and perfect for celebrations big, small, fancy or silly.
Pair it with #8 for The Cake Artist.
8. Borders Tip Set, $3.99. These little guys may not look like much but the cake artist in your life will recognize them as indispensable. The right tools are everything and this tip assortment will give them options which will turn into incredible cakes.
9. French Kitchen Marble Pastry Slab, $49.95. Not only is this marble pastry board completely on trend, it also stays cool, making it easier to keep your dough firm while you roll it out. It also looks great on any counter when they're not baking.
Pair it with #10 for The Stylish Baker.
10. Teak Measuring Cups, $58.00. Handcrafted in Thailand and made out of Teak, these measuring cups are both beautiful and practical. Using them will elevate any baker's day and pastries.
11. Hand Crank Sifter, $9.95. All good bakers know that it's important to sift your flour to ensure your baked goods are light and fluffy. This hand crank sifter is fun to use and gets the job done.
Pair it with #12 for The Traditionalist.
12. Ceramic Biscuit Cutter, $36.00. Making (and eating) homemade biscuits is a great joy in life, they are simple and oh-so satisfying. This classy biscuit cutter will make Sunday morning biscuit making that much more enjoyable.