There's no better way to entertain with cocktails than with punch. Whip up this beautiful summertime libation to share with friends and bring a splash of color—and beguiling flavor—to the table at your next gathering.
courtesy of Amanda Whitt, bartender at Amor y Amargo and The Up & Up, New York, New York
Build this drink in a large pitcher and serve it as-is, or in a beautiful punch bowl.
• Cut one-quarter of a seedless watermelon into cubes and muddle in pitcher until juice is present
• Add 2 oz Black Tea Simple Syrup*
• Add 3-4 oz of lime juice, depending on the sweetness of the watermelon, and personal preference
• Add 6 ounces of El Dorado 3, or any good white rum of your choosing
• Add 20 dashes Angostura Bitters
• Fill pitcher the rest of the way with ice, stir to chill and dilute
Serve in punch cups, ideally on a patio or at the beach and don't
forget to check out our NEW larger sized muddler (here)
* Black Tea Simple Syrup
This is easy to make ahead of time, and will keep in the refrigerator for 6-8 weeks. Use the extra over sliced peaches or strawberries.
• Bring 1 cup of water to a boil, remove from heat
• Add two bags or black tea, or if using loose-leaf, double what you would use to brew a small cup
• Let steep for two minutes, add 1 cup sugar, stir until dissolved
• Remove tea bags and let syrup cool